The term “Ecommerce” has been actively discussed for several years, but not all representatives of online business understand this concept and, moreover, fully implement it. In this article, we will look at the aspect of Ecommerce development in online stores, focusing on the relevance and benefits of Ecommerce business in Israel.
Ecommerce, in simple terms, is all about buying and selling goods and services over the Internet. This is a sphere of the economy, within which companies can advertise goods through the global network, accept payments, conclude transactions, and make purchases online. It is a field of business that allows people and companies to conduct financial and trade transactions primarily over the Internet using gadgets: computers, smartphones and tablets.
Ecommerce helps businesses expand their market network by providing them with cheaper and more efficient distribution channels for products or services. It is a futuristic technology that provides a full closed cycle of business operations, including ordering a product / service, making payments using digital technologies.
How to understand that a business can be classified as Ecommerce? By how much the global network is used to organize business processes. If trading in goods, attracting buyers, maintaining documentation is carried out via the Internet – this is definitely Ecommerce.
There are several systems, or categories, in an Ecommerce system. The main ones are:
- b2c – “business for the consumer” – these are retail chains and outlets, online stores, all activities of which are aimed at selling goods or services to the end consumer.
- b2b – “business to business” – activities aimed at organizing intercorporate relations, making deals and trade between companies.
- c2c – “consumer to consumer” – various auction systems, bidding between individuals
- b2g – “business for the state” – tenders and government purchases, which are now also actively developing in the network.
Importance of Ecommerce
Ecommerce is made possible by a number of technologies such as online marketing, online transaction processing, mobile commerce, supply chain management, data collection systems, electronic funds transfers and electronic data interchange, and so on.
The functionalities implemented by Ecommerce systems include the following:
- Registration of orders according to catalogs and price lists (orders are stored in a single database)
- Connection of Internet applications with the internal office work system
- Self-registration of users
- The ability to sell goods of various categories via the Internet
- Processing orders according to the standard scheme (registration, delivery, reporting and financial documents)
- Conducting online payments
Now when you know what Ecommerce is, it’s important that your marketing partner understands what can drive the growth of Ecommerce. This is where SendTech stands high. We are a leading Ecommerce company in Israel and we know what matters. From crafting amazing designs that turn your visitors into customers to providing you warehouses and legal consulting, our expertise makes a difference everywhere.